Lecitrailer offers the KLT priming process as standard for all chassis manufactured; a treatment which protects against chassis corrosion usingcomplete immersion and electrophoretic deposition, e-coat (KTL) with nano-technology conversion. This rigorous, state-of-the-art process ensures that the entire surface of the chassis has an even 50-micron KTL primer layer, the best chassis protection on the market.
This process is much more environmentally friendly than other painting processes, and is carried out in the largest, most innovative KTL facility in Europe.
What does our KTL facility involve, technically speaking?
- It involves the installation of the most modern cataphoretic coating system on the market: KTL with nanotechnological conversion.
- This is the technology used in automotive industry which has the highest quality standards.
- KTL applies a layer of Epoxy primer through complete immersion and then passing an electrical current (Electrophoretic deposition).
- The nanotechnological conversion will ensure that the KTL layer is even, with the same thickness of the layer over its entire surface and reaching all the nooks and crannies of the part.
What advantages are there with the nanotechnological version of KTL?
Nanotechnology, which is the version that we have implemented, is a new cutting the edge technology which:
- It allows for greater versatility in the materials to be treated: steel, aluminium and stainless steel.
- It ensures better adhesion of the paint.
- It is the most advanced version and therefore it will be valid for longer on a technological level in the future.
Eco- is an environmentally friendly technique for two main reasons:
- The paint is water based.
- Non waste: exploitation on the part at around 98%.
It is the best anti-corrosion system for our vehicles, through which we can ensure a longer lifetime of our products and a better state of conservation.